- The Osterhout Free Library Internet Acceptable Use Statement applies to all wireless connections provided by the Library. The user name and password provided is for you alone. Sharing of this login information will result in loss of privileges.
- You must provide your own laptop computer with a compatible network card and your own browser software. The Osterhout Free Library provides no guarantee that your equipment will be compatible or that you will be able to make a wireless connection.
- Username and passwords are provided at the Information Services Desk for a two hour session. Password is valid that day only. You must show your valid library card in order to obtain a password.
- Library staff is not able to provide technical assistance for any equipment or connection to the system.
- The Osterhout Free Library is not responsible for damage to your computer or computer files due to your use of the wireless network.
- All Internet use through the Library wireless network will be filtered using the same criteria as the filters on the Library's computers.
- The Osterhout Free Library's wireless network is not secure and you must provide your own virus protection. Information sent from your laptop can be captured by anyone with a wireless device and appropriate software.
- Printing is not available through the Osterhout Free Library network for wireless users.
- The Library is not responsible for stolen equipment. Please do not leave your laptop unattended at the Library.
- The Osterhout Free Library Board of Directors reserves the right to alter this policy without prior notice.